The Alexandria Glens CCHL2 hockey team lost 6-2 on the road last night to the Ottawa West Golden Knights and will wrap up their 2016-17 season with a pair of home games this weekend.
Tonight, the boys will host the Westport Rideaus, and on Sunday night, it will be the final edition this year of the Battle of Glengarry, as the Char-Lan Rebels will skate into the Glengarry Sports Palace. Both are 8pm starts.
Here are the results from last week's CCHL2 hockey action for our county teams:
- Feb 18: Ottawa Canadians 5 vs Char-Lan Rebels 3 (Sam Ferland, Tyren Boots, Joseph Samson). Grant Craig faced 31 shots in the Char-Lan net.
- Feb. 17: Casselman Vikings 5 vs Alexandria Glens 2 (Reggy St-Surin, Brandon McCulloch). Goaltender Nicolas Rousseau made 46 saves in the loss.
- Feb. 15: Alexandria Glens 6 (McCulloch 2, Austin Ladouceur 2, Christian Bueti 2) vs Clarence Beavers 2. Rousseau stopped 47 shots.
- Feb. 15: Char-Lan Rebels 5 (Hunter Duschesne 2, Ryan Vipond, Samson, Boots) vs Brockville Tikis 1. Craig made 51 saves in the win.
- Feb. 14: Char-Lan 11 (Samson 3, Ferland 2, Derek Lister 2, Duchesne, Matthew Harrington, Alexandre Seguin, Taran Fiacco) vs Metcalfe Jets 6. Craig and Kyle Martelle combined to face 32 shots on goal.
For more junior 'B' hockey news, including details on the final week of the season, please see this week's edition of The Glengarry News.
Alexandria's junior B Glens are off until next Thursday, when the boys will play the first of three games over a four-night span to wrap up the 2016-17 season.
Last night on home ice, the Glens fell 5-2 to the Casselman Vikings.
we will have all your Glens and CCHL2 news in the next edition of The Glengarry News.
The Char-Lan Rebels are hoping to finally get their game versus the Metcalfe Jets in tonight, Feb. 14, as the contest has twice previously been postponed due to bad weather and road conditions.
As luck would have it, snow is again forecast for tonight. Should there be another postponement, The News will advise our readers as soon as information is available.
The match is slated for an 8:15pm start at the Char-Lan Rec. Centre in Williamstown.
In a rare Wednesday night junior 'B' hockey game at the Glengarry Sports Palace, the Alexandria Glens scored a 4-2 win over the Char-Lan Rebels, despite a stellar goaltending performance.
Grant Craig stopped 53 shots, but it wasn't enough, as his Char-Lan teammates managed to get just 20 on Alexandria goaltender Drew Karle.
The victory was the second straight for the Glens, after the boys had struggled to find the win column in 2017. Char-Lan had won the previous meeting with their northern rival, 4-0.
Alexandria will be back on home ice Friday night, while the Rebels will skate at home on Saturday night. Be sure to check this week's edition of The Glengarry News for all the details.
The county's junior 'B' (CCHL2) hockey teams are both slated to play road games tonight, with the Alexandria Glens taking on the Ottawa West Golden Knights at 7:15pm, and the Char-Lan Rebels in Casselman at 7:30pm.
Note, the Glens do not have a home game this weekend.
On Saturday night, another edition of the Battle of Glengarry will take place in Williamstown, with the Glens travelling to take on the Rebels, starting at 8pm.
For all your junior 'B' hockey details, be sure to read The Glengarry News each week.