Track athletes found success at last week's SD&G track and field meet in Ottawa, and we have the details in the May 17 issue of The Glengarry News. Complete meet results can be accessed here.
Coach Robin Waller reports that the majority of the team achieved EOSSAA-qualifying results at the SD&G event. EOSSAA is set for May 18-19, in Brockville.
The GDHS senior boys soccer team got off to a solid start today at Tagwi, scoring shutout victories over L'Heritage and the host Warriors, a combined seven goals to nil. David MacMaster was the goalkeeper of record for both wins.
In junior action, the Gaels edged the Warriors 2-1.
All the details will be in The Glengarry News next week. A photo gallery will be added to our website in the next few days.
"Fentanyl and Other Substances- Awareness and Prevention" is the title of information sessions that will be held Monday, May 1 at Glengarry District High School in Alexandria.
An English-language version runs from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., while a French-language meeting takes place from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Holy Trinity and L'Heritage high schools in Cornwall will be the hosts for the 2017 SD&G senior badminton championships, set for Wednesday, April 12.
The GDHS team, coached by Randi Tolhurst, includes the following:
- girls singles: Heather Raymond, Rylee Franklin
- boys singles: Liam MacDonald, Bailey Pidgeon
- mixed doubles: David MacMaster & Olivia Graham, Nicholas Leroux & Ashley Belair
- girls doubles: Cameron Brodie & Emma Hardy, Robyn Howes & Denali Dorn
- boys doubles: Dove Rickerd & Xaavian Ali, Cameron MacDonald & Brennan Nadeau